Friday, September 29, 2017

Alaskan residents

So we survived the Alaska DMV.  Actually there wasn't much to survive.  It's a well run machine and I didn't even have a chance to sit in an uncomfortable plastic chair!  We both got our AK drivers license.  I will go back and do the license plate later when I have my military documents (discounts for veterans).  
After that pleasant experience and a light lunch we checked out the gym close to our home and became members!  It's big!  It has an indoor pool, Joe wants to do laps, different workout classes...everything you'd want in a gym and more!  They have a lounge for relaxing and getting snacks :P. 
I checked in with my work and hopefully will hear something in about a week!  Fingers crossed.  Joe mentioned there is a reason for everything and since we don't have our household goods yet, maybe that is what is lining up.  We get our household stuff, get somewhat settled, and I start my job!  We will see.  Joe has applied for a few jobs and as of right now, no bites.
I went out on my own a little bit.  Got a massage, which was so needed... after a long road trip and sleeping on an air mattress.  Ugh I hate that thing already but I guess it's better than sleeping on the floor.  
I am a little surprised that with all of our downtime we are good.  My relationship with Joe routinely surprises me.  We can share space without being intrusive.  We give each other space when needed and support each other's individual needs.  I have had moments where I was in a sit and wait, similar to now, and it was torturous and seemed to last forever.  I was worried about things and irritable.  Not now, there are things that irritate me (air mattress) but that is it.  The days go by with a normal rhythm and we handle things and continue to find joy and happiness every day!

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...