Thursday, June 02, 2016

Troubling path

It's been a couple of days since my appointment for my MRI results.  These past couple of days I spent working long hours so it was a blessing of sorts.  So I had my MRI, with contrast, on both breast the other week.  I was told the results would be sent to the provider that day but I knew I would need to give her a day or two to review them.  I got a call with an appointment for this Tuesday to get the results.  That in itself is always stress inducing but I am forcing myself to take the news as it comes and not get caught up in the "what ifs" or focusing on negatives.
My appointment was not the best, mainly because the appointment was scheduled for 2:15 and I didn't see the doctor until close to 6!  I shit you not!  If it wasn't my MRI results I would have walked out!  When she walked in she was apologetic and I explained I can understand how busy she is but if I would have gotten some "check ins" or updates from her staff I would have been a little less irritated about the wait.  She acknowledged this and went on...  So my right boob got cleared via the MRI, she'll get a re check via an ultrasound in 6 months.  The left is problematic and I will be getting a biopsy on lefty.  Not sure when that is happening but I'll be calling the office tomorrow to get an update.
Of course this progression is nerve racking but then I just check myself and remind myself that negative thoughts and "what ifs" are not beneficial and do not help but can actually harm.  I challenge myself to meet each situation as it is and look at what I can do so I can press forward.
Additionally I keep living my life and enjoying things... at the end of the month we are planning a trip to check out Tampa and this past weekend we bought our tickets to check out England, Ireland, and Scotland!!! I've already paid off my cruise for December :)  Good times ahead even if I have to get my boobs prodded and cut on! LOL

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...