Friday, July 01, 2016

Back to the grind

Everything has been cleared for now.  I had the biopsy, they took three samples and left a little "clip" in.  Everything came back as benign and I'm on the watch program so in 6 months I'll get another ultrasound on both breast to just keep an eye on everything.  It was a nice sign of relief, especially since I have a high school friend who I heard via FB that she things are more serious for her.  I don't know why things happen the way they do for people...I guess we all have to just do our best to survive and live our lives to the best of our ability.  
Joe went to the appointment with me where we found out the results.  As soon as the doc said things were good, Joe looks at me, smiles, and says "I told you so".  He has been a good grounding for me during all of that stress.  

Soon after that appointment, Joe and I had already planned on taking a little mini vaca to check out Tampa.  It was pretty chill and it was a good change of venue from PCB.  We actually stayed in St Petersburg in an old hotel a block from the wharf.  The hotel, The Ponce de Leon, had a lot of character and the bathroom was smaller than my bathroom in my old apartment in SLC, Ut!  I didn't think that was possible :P  We lucked out and there was a nice little Irish pub right around the corner that we went to a couple of times to just chill from our day's activities.  Tampa, downtown itself, wasn't all that for us but we found a nice little town Ybor City that was more our style: historic, walkable, coffee and cigar shops everywhere, and a good vibe. 

We checked out a couple of museums.  We were surprised to find the Salvador Dali museum just a couple blocks away from our hotel.  We were both surprised that his work was more than melting clocks!

We found some great outdoor places in St Pete to hang out, eat, and have some drinks.  

We will probably go back again, they do have Busch Gardens after all :P  
Now it's back to the grind of adult living :(  We have a big vacation planned in September and October, and then I have a girl trip planned in December!  I'm definitely working to these travels and live life to the best of my ability!






No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...