Saturday, April 11, 2015

a year of change

     So there is a lot going on in 2015 for me.  I started out-processing the military today and will finish up in May.  I will be officially retired on 14 Aug 2015!  I am graduating with my MSW on 8 May 2015.  I am ending my internship at the Vet Center on 22 April...and then it's moving on to something new.

     Not only is there a lot of things coming up for me in the future, I have a lot of change and growth in the last few months.  I have grown as a person and now understand how selfish I have been in past relationships, that I was never all in.  No relationship can grow and be true if individuals are not focused on the "us" and are not all in.  Yes it's taken me almost 39 years to figure this out, and multiple broken hearts, but I finally feel like I'm in a good place....with me and the path that I'm on.

     I am open to the "what ifs" and the "why not" in life, I am going to have more yes than  no in my dialogue.  I don't want to look back on my life and regret not taking a chance or making a move so 2015 is going to a wonderful year of challenges and new experiences.  

     I have two more weeks of school... a lot of stuff to do and then I will be done.  Time to start a new chapter of my life!

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...