Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Crisis averted and societal norms

FINALLY had my follow up about my mammogram and the surgeon is going to request an MRI, no needles at this time :) Whoohoo!  The worst part of this was waiting to know something.  Even now I don't "know" anything but talking to someone about the results and they were able to reassure me that I don't have anything to worry about!

I've been doing errands, trying to take it easy on my days off this week.  I actually work 5 days in a row starting tomorrow! There was a contract that was advertised for Tyndall AFB that I've applied for.  It would be full time, Mon-Fri, with benefits. I enjoy where I am at now but being on Tyndall would get my foot in the door, stability, and weekends off!

So I've made an interesting observation the other day.  Joe had some stuff he needed to trade into Kay's jewlry store and he wanted me to pick out some stuff.  Joe and I are committed to each other and we like how things are without having people get into our business.  My work peeps are already making comments about weddings and what not *eye roll*.  I've been wearing a ring on my right hand the whole time we've been together as a symbol to me of my relationship with him.  He's asked me about rings and I told him if anything he can replace the one that I have now.  So after picking out some beautiful diamond earrings and having more money to play with, we picked out a ring together and I wear it on my right hand.  Now, one would think any new bling would be noticed but no.  If it's not on the left hand, that the "proper" finger then nothing is said LOL  Our society is so programmed that only certain things are important.  By the way, in Germany they wear their rings on the right hand :P  
I have three rows of diamonds, not one big one that stands out but a nice band and to make it even better it's a combination of two different sets so it's not something one goes into the store and they see.  It's simple but slightly unique, kinda like our relationship :P  It's nice to find ways to keep our relationship truly ours and close to our hearts without the drama that comes from other people's opinions on how things "should be".
I see so many post and what committed relationships should progress to....engagement, marriage... and everything is posted and these big things are done to "share the love with family".  At the end of the day the love and the relationships is between those two people, why is it so important to bring other people into that relationship.  We are together, we love each other, we are still individuals and our family can and does accept this part of our lives due to our happiness but all the hoopla and having everyone in our relationship.  
Nope, we are good!  




No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...