Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Moving along....

I can't believe this year is almost over!  I also just got an email from my boss saying that I'm hitting my 90 day marker so I will have my evaluation right after the 1st!  Just the other night Joe and I were talking how it feels as if we've been in Florida a lot longer than we have and then I look back on this year and damn, I've been busy!

First off Sami is amazing and has the heart of a puppy.  She is still struggling but she's still moving about and her spirit has lifted with her adaptations.  We met with the vet this past weekend and we put everything out of the table in that we are not going for "heroics" in regards to Sami's care.  We are going to maintain her quality of life as much as possible and when that goes then it's time to let her go.  The vet was great and was supportive of our view on the situation.  I was worried that she would want us to get test done to confirm if it's DM, or do extra stuff...but she's seen a good amount of dogs and she said even if it's not DM but, let's say, a tumor on her spine there is still only so much we can do.  We probably won't board her anymore due to how bad she was when we picked her up, I think the activity was just too much for her.  We haven't figured out what we are doing for Christmas and New Years yet, I am working Christmas Eve and Day but we will be taking Sami with us wherever we go!

Joe is off on a TDY back to New Orleans, I know...hard life, and I'm holding the homestead down and even though I'm off of work this week I got my "to do" list.  Thursday I am meeting with someone at the Red Cross so I can volunteer with their Crisis Disaster Team.  I'm nervous but excited.  I tend to have some down time and the job front isn't as busy so I guess I'd do some volunteering.  I also got a book club that I joined and will be attending the first meeting this weekend!

Joe had his annual work Christmas Party this past weekend and it was actually fun.  We got dressed up, I got my hair done, and I must say....we are a good looking pair!  

The following night we had dinner at the American Legion. Joe works with some guys that are members there and they have cheap drinks LOL  They have a great set up, nice patio area where they will have live bands, and for this time of the year a really nice fire pit!  They are doing a toy run next weekend and I'm not sure if we're going to do that or not.  There is always something going on around here, and we are looking forward to the summer to get a lot of beach time in.  After the holidays I think we are going to get some beach cruisers so we can ride bikes to the beach or to brunch :)

This is at my work on the desk by the communal computer and I will read it off and on, it helps remind me of what's important with my work!

Work has slowed down but I'm getting some individual clients so that makes it so I get at least 2-3 days a week.  They did send me to Eglin AFB for so training, which I am grateful for! More tools to utilize with my clients :)

I am truly blessed in life and as much as I want to be lazy again, I need to get going on my "to do" list!
I took this photo of Sami because she has been struggling getting up in her beds but she got in with no issues the other night! :)  Love her to pieces!!! 


No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...