Sunday, January 03, 2016

Hello 2016!




this was in the bathroom....good words to live by for 2016!

What a year 2015 was and as sad I was to close that chapter, I'm excited looking forward to 2016!  Joe and I took a quick trip over to St Augustine, the oldest city in the U.S. to ring in the new year.  We took Sami girl with us because I wasn't comfortable boarding her with how she has been doing.  She is such a good traveler but I can tell she's a fan of her routine now that she is getting older.  She was good on the trip but was not completely herself :( but she is still plugging right along.

Ms. Sami, professional road tripper

St Augustine was a fun little city.  We stayed visited mostly the old historic part of town, with the cobble stone streets.  We drove down on New Year's Eve and once we got settled we found an Irish pub/restaurant on the river bank, had some drinks and some good food before moving along.


We walked around and ended up in a small little bar with sangria and old Charlie Brown the keyboardist playing songs non stop.  Charlie was in the front by their big window and watching people walk past, stop and have some fun, do a little dance on the street before moving on was awesome.  Joe and I cut a rug off and on, enjoyed the good vibes, fun people, and good drinks.  When 2016 hit we shared a traditional New Year's smooch and cheered with our other bar friends!  We left there and ended up in another little bar for a couple of more drinks before heading back our hotel.

Needless to say we were hurting a little the next day but we went back to the historic district and walked around.  A lot of fun little restaurants, bars, and stores to explore. Very beautiful area!

There had been a lot of changes this past year.  My parents divorced and I'm not sure when I'll see my Mom again...she's planning on moving to Hawaii as soon as possible.  I want the best for my parents but it is a tad weird and I'm trying to be supportive to both of them as they move forward with their lives.  I've had two major moves (from UT to NC to FL), graduated with my MSW, retired from the AF..... A LOT of things happened this year and for 2016... we are planning a big European vacation around September/October :D  So that's going to be fun!  

I'm slowly working toward my LCSW.... we are getting beach cruisers soon so we can ride to the beach when it gets crazy here and we don't want to drive, plus we have some places nearby that we can ride to for breakfast or dinner!  There are so many ways we are moving forward with what we value in our lives... we are happy and excited!


No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...