Friday, November 06, 2015

Happy Girl

I'm starting to get my routine down here in sunny Florida!  Yep, it's early November and I'm still walking around in a tank top and shorts :)  I'm seeing post of friends and family talking about snow flurries already happening!  I'm blessed to be near the ocean and doubly blessed for the warm weather!

Work is calming down some.  Our census, aka patient count, has decreased so I feel that we can all breathe a little bit more.  I'm starting to figure out the paperwork and haven't been making too many mistakes ;) and I feel that the clients appreciate me and I am planting seeds of change in them.  
I had an older client, he was a veteran and not active duty (a majority of our clients are still active duty).  He had gone through the routine treatments for PTSD at his local VA but was still struggling.  I did his intake assessment but was not his individual therapist.  Knowing that he went through the normal VA treatments I let him borrow a couple of books.... "War and the Soul" and "Come to Your Senses".  He was a volunteer client (most are) and he checked himself out on a day I wasn't at work, he returned the books with this note:
I hope he does well in his future even though he left before he got any treatment from our facility.

I'm still trying to navigate getting an intern license here in Florida. I need a letter from the U of U and it's been a struggle to get that from them :(  Out of sight, out of mind.  I'll keep trying and I'll talk to my supervisor here in FL about maybe just getting my LCSW via Utah but here in Florida.  Ugh.... such problems, but at least here in Florida it doesn't matter if I have an intern license to do therapy :P  

I'm not getting the hours I'd like at work, the joys of being PRN but I am enjoying the days off to decompress from work.  The days are long, full of therapy, routine work politics/frustrations so having days off being home alone is good for my self-care!  Plus I'm getting back on that work out routine!  Well.... it's been two days but it's a roll for me LOL  We finished our 24 day challenge and I feel good.  We haven't done our measurements but I do notice that my pants are fitting better along with feeling better.  I'm stoked because I can now have my coffee :D  I missed it in the mornings.  

Overall I am grateful for my life and what I am able to do to help others!  

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...