Thursday, July 23, 2015

the little things

As I sit at my computer this Thursday morning, looking for jobs in Florida and drinking my coffee the rain is dumping outside.  There is something different about the storms here in NC, maybe it's being in the country but the rain is so refreshing out here.  Then again, I don't have to go out in it anywhere so that adds to the difference :P

Joe and I are planning another Richmond trip this weekend.  It's a short drive (3 hours) and our quick stop there just prompted us to want to spend more time there.  We've narrowed down our NC bucket list, the things we have to do prior to moving which due to his test date won't be toward the end of September.  We have some time, but next weekend I'll be up in Boston spending time with a friend so that will be so much fun!  Never been that far up the east coast :D

It's amazing how BIG little things are in relationships.  The other weekend we were getting a game plan together.  We talked about things to do prior to Saturday morning but we didn't narrow anything down and I had some stuff saved to my laptop.  We usually have our weekend coffee together at the table, talking about whatever and this morning I grabbed my laptop so we could narrow down some plans.  My battery started to die soon after getting started and Joe went and got my charger, but that's not the "little thing" that stuck with me.  After I sat down with my laptop and I was logging in he goes and gets my hair clip.  I tend to always have my hair twisted up around the house and when I'm on the computer it's a must :P  Not only did he get my hair clip he came back and twisted up my hair and clipped it.  All this without me saying a word except for thank you when he was done.  That is one of my memories that I will hold close to my heart, and will always give me a smile.  Appreciate the little things in your relationships, hold onto them more than any slight irritations that may happen.  :)


The summer months in the military brings a lot of going away shindigs and retirements.  I've gone to two retirements already and a few house parties that go along with that :P  This last one that I went to, Joe was the "MC" and he did a wonderful job.  The ceremony was in a hanger, so yes it was hot, but it went smoothly and everyone was happy especially the retiree and his family and that is what really counts.  One of Joe's friends was there to take pictures of the event and she hooked us up with some couple photos which we haven't gotten back yet :(  I'm excited to see the photos that she took. There was another photographer that took some photos and we kept a few of those.  Appreciating the little things is not only good advice for one's relationship but for life and general.  The military life has and is good to me and my connection to that life is never taken for granted.  Sitting in retirement ceremonies are touching to me and this one was  no different!
Joe liked this one because that's me :D

I took this one, and what a great backdrop for a retirement ceremony!

Joe and I both like this one.  The Airman's hands are rough and beat up holding something so dear to us all.  This is what the military is-a bunch of individuals working their butts off for this country!

Life is short, we age, we get comfortable but we can choose to keep living life to the fullest.  Taking in the little things, appreciating the beauty of a NC thunderstorm, that has now cleared by the way ;) We make choices every day in our lives, and I choose to be happy!





No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...