Friday, July 17, 2015

Winds of change brewing....

Edenton NC

It looks like our North Carolina, east coast bucket list may not be met.  We'll do what we can and enjoy our time here.  
Edenton NC

There is a little tobacco museum nearby that we checked out the other other weekend.  We learned about how tobacco was and is currently made.  It was interesting and I had no idea that tobacco bloomed!  We pass the fields around here all the time now and they are beautiful, too bad it's such a crappy thing :(  
After the museum we stopped at a random field and took pictures.  I was nervous just going out to the field and taking pictures but Joe said it's o.k.  Joe grew up on a farm in Arkansas so he's a little more familiar with farm going ons than I am.  I guess as long as we don't steal  or mess with the crops then they don't come running out with shotguns (as I envisioned).  

Last night I went to my first book club meeting!  I figured it would be a good way to meet new people in the area and of course read some good books.  It was a good evening and I made a new friend, we're FB friends already LOL.  I'll be able to go to one more meeting in August and possibly the dinner get together they do every month before I need to find new meet ups.....

It's now official, we are moving to Florida!!!!  Joe was going to push the retirement button early this month but before he did he got a call about a staff job in Tyndall AFB Florida.  He came home, we talked about it, and neither one of us could think of a "con" to him applying for the job!  He did and he got it!  We are still waiting on the order to come down but the end of August, early September, we'll be Florida bound!  So my North Carolina living is now getting dramatically shortened :P but we'll be RIGHT ON THE BEACH so I think we'll be o.k. ;)  Life is going to get busy again for me!  Just after I decompressed some it's time to ramp things back up!

Loving life!
Carolina Beach NC






No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...