Thursday, August 21, 2014

What Summer?!

Next week I start my internship at the Vet Center and school starts back up again! Ugh... where did the summer go?!  We started off with a move to the city:)

Right after that, Shane was off to MO for a family reunion.  Once he got back it was his retirement and he had some family and friends come out including my parents and brother.




Once the visitors were gone we sort of had some down time.  I was doing active duty orders with my guard unit for my "summer job".  Codi swore in for the Marines and leaves in September!

Shane got LASIK done (I'm still debating if I want to get it done).  We were busy but not crazy busy enjoying our new city living.  We went on a short hike.


Love to go to the Art Festival!


We did the "slide the city", which was somewhat painful but next time we'll know how to do it right! Definitely need a float of some sort!  On the way back we stopped at the Beerhive for some drinks on the patio :D


Drove up to Ogden for the annual Irish Music Festival

Driving around downtown one can miss all the paintings and random stuff that is around the city.  Walking around town allows us to check those things out!


We then took a short trip to Nashville TN for the Wounded Warrior Project summit.  We got to learn a lot about WWP and they really packed the schedule for us.  We didn't have time to check out Nashville so we will have to go back!  We did get to see the Grand Ol Opry though!  



Once home we checked out This Is the Place Heritage Park, it's bigger than we thought and we got a good workout walking around checking everything out.  They give GREAT discounts to military :D
I'm pushing to downsize ;)

Then for my birthday Dad flew me down to Vegas to see Mom and Chris, along with some downtime before I become a busy busy grad student again.  It was relaxing.  I got some shopping done, we did the -5 Ice Bar (Chris had been wanting to do it) and caught up on some movies.  Shane was a trooper and stayed home to watch the furkids!  He's a good man :)

In the midst of all of this... I have started a new therapy, Prolonged Exposure (PE).  I'll write a different blog entry about that but it's been interesting and there is homework! Daily homework :( ugh



No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...