Saturday, July 12, 2014

Junecrazy

Actually the craziness started at the end of May.  I had a week off and I spent it packing.  The first weekend of June we moved into our apartment in downtown  SLC!  We had some good help, and only had a couple of delays.  We got there and the carpet cleaners hadn’t shown up yet to clean the carpets… was the first delay.  We had a lunch break and beer for the guys, by the time we were done the carpet cleaners had shown up.  Our apartment is right in front of the big entry way so we unpacked and staged all of our stuff while they finished the carpet and dried.  Then the move in really began.  While the guys unloaded the truck I attempted to unload boxes to make more room.  We over estimated our kitchen and I ended up repacking a big box of give-a-ways while unpacking the kitchen.  We just didn’t have the room!  Sami and Tux were still at the house so when we had the majority of stuff unpacked Shane said I should go ahead and get the furkids.  I went out to his car and no car, delay #2!
We found out that they are pretty serious about parking.  We got a sticker that allows us to park there and as soon as the leasing office closes the tow trucks come on by.  Shane was upset, really upset, so I called the towing company and they were understanding and brought his vehicle back with no problems J  so I was off to get the furkids.  I also loaded up some other stuff and Shane and Redder (our awesome help) walked over to Squatters for a well deserved meal and beer!
Right after we moved in, Shane was off to MO for a family reunion.  He was gone for about a week.  I was back at work and that weekend I had my UTA so Friday was my only day off.  Shane got back and it was full speed ahead to get ready for his retirement.  That Friday his family came into town and stayed with us over the weekend for Shane’s retirement.  There were times over that weekend we had 11 adults, 1 baby, 2 dogs, and a cat in our new 2 bedroom apartment! We walked over to the farmers market and also checked out some of the restaurants near by while everyone was here
Shane’s retirement went beautifully.  It was great to have the family and friends here that come out.  My folks also came up, with Chris, and they stayed with Marcia and David.  It’s always good to see them, but by this time I was already spent and tired.
Everyone left that Tuesday and I was back at work.  That weekend, our first weekend to ourselves in our new place I got sick L and we, actually Shane, was doing a lot of work to get the house ready to show and be put on the market.  That weekend was driving up to the house and cleaning…  The house is now on the market! YEAH!!  There are still things in the house but we have some room to breathe now.

This past weekend we actually stayed downtown and did some enjoyable things, which is good because it was our 1 year engagement anniversary.  I for some crazy reason had it listed for July!  Ugh  Friday we went and had a good time at the Arts Festival.  Saturday we walked around town, got a feel for how long it takes to walk to the grocery story and post office.  We met with a coworker of mine and got to meet his family over dinner.  Sunday we were off to Ikea to buy some stuff for our apartment… bookcase, dresser, patio furniture.  All this which brings us to July! 

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...