Sunday, May 18, 2014

Right path

I've been working at SLAB for two weeks now and due to that slim time I feel good about my decision in regards to my new career.  The military has changed over the years and it's not the same.  I do enjoy being helpful and hopefully I will make some positive changes while I'm out there and then the changes and organization will be maintained when I'm gone.
Shane decided on a realtor to sell the house :)  We had a garage sale yesterday to try to make some money and get rid of some stuff.  

The garage sell wasn't a complete waste but it could have been better too.  The community does a yard sale twice a year and the HOA advertises so that was nice but it's for one day from 8-12.  We kept our stuff out longer while we worked on cleaning up the yard.  We pulled weeds and I planted some flowers (we'll see if they come up) and Shane fixed some dead grass spots. After all that work, it was close to 4 we sat out front and had a drink.  It was a good day, we even gave Sami a bath!  

I am starting to pack up my office and get things ready for the move.  We are able to move in on 1 June!  I'm excited to be in the city, to have a smaller living area, to be closer to everything.... it will be good.  

The other night I went to a doTERRA class put on by a coworkers wife, it's focus was on spa treatments.  We got a foot soak, hand massage, and neck massage. It was nice and I learned/realized some stuff.  The presenter was talking about how LLV helped her arthritis to where she is no longer in pain and when she stopped talking them for a little bit her arthritis started up again.  Before I started with these oils I would wake up at night due to pain in my hands with shooting pain.  I've been taking LLV for about 3 months now and looking back, that pain has not woken me up at night in while :)
I have also started trading out my face cleansers for doTERRA's face care system.  Right now I have been using the toner for a couple of weeks and I just received the tightening serum.  I was hesitant to change my skin care, I've been using The Body Shop's tea tree line and aveeno moisturizer.  It has taken me me a while to find something that works well with my skin and helps with breakouts.  
So far I am happy that I'm making the change.  The toner is light and smells nice.  I don't feel severe tightness after using the toner.  Also, the tightening serum smells nice and also is working well and is not over drying my skin additionally my skin is not going haywire with the change.  Sometimes when you change out skin care there is this weird adjustment stage, and for us with oily skin there can be a increase with icky oily skin.  None of that has been happening!  So,  yet again it's been a win for doTERRA.  A few times this week Shane has used the oils to help out with some of his concerns and they have helped him out too.  Shane's niece ordered the PastTense for her headaches that she's been struggling with for a long time.  She started to get botox shots and that has helped out a lot which is good.  When I asked about if the PastTense worked at all her response was "If my headache was at a 9-10 I'd use it with ice pack and by morning my pain was at like a 3-4. " :) Just like medications, oils can affect people differently. Being aware of this and listening to one's body can direct you into what can work for you. That's what I've been finding out for me. Maybe eventually I'll get into the selling portion of these oils, but until then I'll keep using them and finding out how beneficial they are for me and maybe that will help when I'm talking to others about the oils.


No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...