Tuesday, December 17, 2013

1/4th Done!

On Monday I took my last final.  All papers are turned in and I'm DONE for about 3 weeks!  I have this week at my internship and then I'm on break for 2 weeks :D
I CANNOT WAIT!
As of right now my grades are 5 A's and 1 B.  That's not the final but I'm not expected any crazy surprises!  I already got some of my books for next semester.  Thank you Amazon rental!  I've saved more money this semester already on books :D  

My practicum is always interesting, mainly because we are being thrown into the fire and given a lifeline after we have already started to burn.  I've learned and am practicing the Four Agreements and I've used those in my Substance Abuse Group that I run on Mondays.  The Four Agreements are a great tool to live a happier life.  By Don Miguel Ruiz, the Four Agreements are:
1) Be Impeccable With Your Word
2)  Don't Take Anything Personally
3)  Don't Make Assumptions
4)  Always Do Your Best
We've gone over one of the agreements in the group for the past four weeks.  Sometimes it's hard because it's an open group but having these focused topics have helped with the discussions so hopefully they are able to take some of these back home in their daily life with them.  It's a small book and if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it :D  
I'm still stumbling running groups but I feel that each time I am doing something better than before and the group discusses among themselves more.  Next semester we have a BIG book all about group psychotherapy so that is going to be really beneficial!  

For the holidays we are heading home to MO and OK to visit family.  We are flying so hopefully it will cut down on some of the stress and allow us more time with family.  Today (yep it's 17 Dec) I am going to try and get some Christmas shopping done :( ugh.  This is the only day that I plan on doing this.  I'm heading down to SLC because I have to return a school book so hopefully I'll find everything that I want to get!  One of the things that I am SO looking forward to being away with family is sleeping in without worrying about the animals, not having to get up to feed and take care of the animals, sleeping in, no responsibilities, reading whatever I want for pleasure, oh did I mention sleeping in ;)  I love my furry kids but sometimes..... oh wonderful sleep is needed!

I actually got a classmate interested in essential oils. Well, he was interested and said he was going to buy some via my website but so far he hasn't :(  I've been happy with them and during this season of cooties going around I feel that the On Guard has been really helpful.  I've been utilizing the On Guard EO on the bottom of my feet in the mornings with Balance, and then taking a On Guard capsule once sometimes twice a day if I feel something coming on and I've been using the On Guard toothpaste!  I'm so bringing these with me while we travel!  I need to maintain my health and my sanity!  

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...