Friday, February 08, 2013

February = Travel

I got a busy month ahead of me, it's going to be somewhat crazy.  I guess it's good that I'm getting my head cold out of the way this week!  Be before I get to what I got going on this month... check out this video of what we are doing with our homeland mission!  I work with some great hard working people, and we are just getting started!
I have regular drill weekend this weekend, but we are flying out to Oxnard, California for some training.  It's a fast trip.  We are flying out Saturday morning, there will be some training on the plane for the medics and once we get there it's hard charging until about 4.  We just a little bit of free time (I just want to see the ocean and I'll be somewhat satisfied).  On Sunday is an early morning, half a day of training before we fly back.
I have a regular week of work, with the annual Fat Tuesday party at the Brown's :) but then that following Saturday Shane and I fly out to Denver CO for his birthday.  We both need a little vacation so this will be nice. We are going to take in an Avalanche game but other than that we are going to wing it :)  We got a good deal and we are staying at a beautiful hotel, the Hotel Teatro.
We come back on Wednesday but I took the whole week off, which is working out in my favour!  That Sunday I am flying out to Anniston, AL for a 3 day class at FEMA's Center for Domestic Preparedness.  I fly back home on Thursday, have Friday off and then it's another drill weekend!
CRAZINESS!!!!!

Now on to my MSW update... no real update there :(  But there is a lot of stress!  I've been accepted into USC, I deferred that acceptance to start in May.  The U of U has until 30 May to tell me if I've been accepted into their program which starts in August.  The U of U is A LOT cheaper than USC but the USC has a great program that I am excited about!  They even have a global immersion program that I can apply for. One of them focuses on military (which I want to go into) and we go to Germany for some training there.  It's about 3 weeks long!  The U does not have a military sub speciality or an immersion program that would fit what I want to do.
ARGH

So, if I don't get to a post this month.... you will know why :P

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...