Sunday, January 27, 2013

another winter storm

I'm ready for winter to be over and done with!  We've had terrible inversions which does make me moody and just feeling blah!  I need SUNLIGHT! 
Today, right now we are getting hit with another winter storm, they are projecting 4-8 inches :( ugh.  We had an ice storm  the other week and poor Sami was Bambi on ice!  
Last weekend we went into town and checked out the Leonardo exhibit.  It was pretty neat to see all the stuff that he had a hand in.

Tux is starting new habits an curiosities.  The shower, he likes to play in them now and in the middle of the night he insists on being petted.  I don't know what time it was last night he was all up in my neck, purring, and then using his head to nudge my hand to get petting.  Isn't that dog behavior?! He cracks me up.  He also hangs out with me when I'm at my desk, he gets behind me on the chair and chills....
Work is work... not much to talk about there.  We may do a short TDY to California for our February UTA.  We are planning like we are going but we haven't gotten the full blessing to go yet so we will see how that pans out.  
Sometimes the little things of my life make me smile.  When I got home from work this past Thursday I was emptying out my pockets and I starting to think about my norm.  I pull out a pen, a challenge coin, a butterfly knife, and lip balm....  not normal stuff for a female but it's been my norm.  I am more comfortable in camouflage and combat boots, than girly stuff with fancy purses.  Sometimes I try to be "that girl", but I do little things... make up, ear rings in uniform and a pretty but simple channel ring.  Yes I'm still in camouflage and combat boots but I'm still a female!  A strong, independent female! One that has close to 19 years in the service and takes her job serious when it comes to molding the young people coming into the service now.  It's normal to have "go bags" half empty in the spare bedroom in levels of completeness since I use my items in the "go bag".  There are camel backs being dried and hung on door knobs... This is a military home.  


No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...