Sunday, November 25, 2012

New Family Members

For the Thanksgiving week we drove to Missouri and spent time with Shane's family and my family.  We also brought my Sami girl home.  We drove straight through, so that's always fun.  It's about a 21 hour drive from my parents place in Grove OK.  
We napped....
But we all felt like this... not to happy with the long drive....
But we made it, through the cold and more stops then when we drove out.  Sami is a good traveler :)  We made it back in the morning and we unpacked and took naps before going and picking up Tux.  Sami is not a fan of the steps and so far we can coax her up them, but she's not constantantly going up and down.  When we picked up Tux and brought him back we put him in his room with the door closed.  Sami was aware there was another animal and so was Tux.  I blocked the door of Tux's room so Tux could go in and out but Sami cannot (going to get a baby gate to replace the big Tupperware bin today).  The one time Tux came out last night he bolted downstairs.  I was worried that Tux would hibernate downstairs while Sami stayed upstairs.  Tux is my little boy :( I didn't even get to cuddle with him last night.  Anyhoo... they stayed in their respective corners the first night.  
       Day 2.  I get up and get the animals fed (Tux is still in his room) and then I go and take Sami for a walk leaving Tux's room open.  I get home and coax the two to interact.  We get to the nose to nose point.  There has been a couple of barks, ouchies, but overall we are in a good place.  Tux is roaming the house.  Sami is doing her thing.  Tux will charge at Sami and well... Sami pays attention but would rather not have to deal with him.  Tux will hiss every now and then but I think we are good and passed the worse of the introduction phase. YEAH 
      I'm not sure if they will be snuggle buddies, but you never know.



No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...