Sunday, December 09, 2012

starting to feel like winter....

The animals are getting settled and getting use to the fact that neither one is going anywhere.  I think they secretly cuddle when they are home alone :P
Things are settling down only to get crazy again with the Christmas holiday.  Mom and Dad are planning to come out for about a week and we will be spending a couple of days down with the Brown's.  I only have done a little bit of shopping :(  Work is going to get crazy.  It always does before we have a collective exercise, and with the holidays there are limited work days before it's game on!  We did have our unit Christmas party, and it turned out well.  Lots of food and since we had it in the warehouse, all the leftover fed us lunch for a week!  

We finally got to decorating for Christmas.  We invested in a bigger tree this year.  Granted the bottom of our tree is without decorations because of Tux.  We are still finding ornaments under the couch.  Last night he brought an ornament into the bedroom, jumped on the bed with it like "that's right, I'm still messing with your tree!"  Good thing we got the non-breakable ones.

Shane and Codi did the outside of the house too.  We got some music that plays and the lights will flash to the music.  It's nice except with the fast songs... kinda feel like we are going to give the neighborhood seizures!

Yesterday we went out and about.  Did some shopping and checked out the Dickens' festival downtown.  I went last year with Marcia and wasn't overly impressed but Shane wanted to check it out.  I tried to warn him but he was focused on going.  So we went, I got some gifts for my family and well... Shane wasn't impressed at all!  I bit my tongue on the "I told you so".  It was a very nice day over all, and not a total waste.

OH!!!  I can't believe I was about to close out this post without this update!!!

I got accepted into USC!  I'm waiting on the U of U to see if I got in there, but my fingers are crossed in thinking if I got into USC then I can get into the U!  I have a lot of people saying I need to go to USC but that is $84,000!!!! OMG  where as the U is less than half of USC's cost.  So... if someone wants to finance USC for me... that would be great!

Well, it's Martha Stewart Sunday... in that I need to finish cleaning, make a grocery list and try and plan meals for the week.  I did that the other week and it worked out nice.  So, I'm going to see if I can do it again.  I really need to get back into working out.  I've had my work out bag at work ready to go for about 3 weeks.... no workouts :(  Tomorrow I start back up again!




No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...