Sunday, September 25, 2011

September = Busy Month

Since my last post I've been a busy but happy girl :)  I've quit my job at Mesa Systems due to confirmation of being active duty with my guard unit for a year starting 1 Oct.  I ended it at Mesa the last week of August. I was always scheduled to work a couple of weeks with my guard unit in September and my Captain asked me if I wanted to go to Ohio for a few days.  So I went to Columbus Ohio for a seminar.  It was enlightening when it comes to my new tasking but it also showed that it's going to be a lot of hard work.

The following week we did tent building.



And then I road tripped it to Grove OK to visit family and that's where I'm at now :).  I've been here for a wee bit, will probably head home in about 3 to 4 days.  The road trip wasn't too bad out here.  There was some long boring bits...well actually a whole day of it but it's not bad.  I've posted all my pictures on facebook.
The best thing about the past few months is that I have a wonderful man in my life.  He took me away for my birthday.  The last time I lived here I always wanted to go to the Shakespeare Festival down in Cedar City.  He didn't tell me what we were doing or where so it was a very nice surprise.  I had my guesses but gave up while we were driving down south.  He took a detour up to Brian's Head so I was totally confused.  It was a great surprise and an awesome get a way!


No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...