Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mini Vaca!

Early last week I was asked by Amanda if I wanted to go hang out in Moab with her.  Dave was driving down on Thursday and was going jeeping and then Amanda and I would go down on Friday.  I answered with a "I'm in" and then she said I could invite someone which I did :)
So on Friday i got off around 12 and by 2:30 we were off!
It seemed like a quick drive down and it's pretty to go from green, mountains that have lingering snow, to desert mountains.  We got settled and had dinner at the local brewery and then called it a night.
The next day we had our free breakfast and headed out to the trail of the day...thank goodness it was pretty tame and had shade along the way.  It made for a nice hike.

Morning Glory Bridge


I really enjoyed hiking back, it was like a whole new hike!  I noticed things that I didn't pay attention to before.  Once we got back we found a nice spot for some food.  My friend packed us a lunch of cheese, meat, fruit, wine, and chocolate!  He was defiantly winning points with Amanda during this whole trip :)  We then did some driving and ended up at the Castle Creek Winery for some wine tasting!  I ended up buying two bottles! YUM
Amanda needed a break and she was waiting on Dave to get back from jeeping so we dropped her off, and then went off and did some site seeing.  We went into the park and did some quick hikes.
At balancing rock

Double Arches

When we got back I took some time in the jacuzzi and then we checked out the pool before passing out!  Hiking, sun, heat.... wears a girl out!  The next day after we had breakfast with Amanda and Dave we heading out to hike to Delicate Arch.  It's a bit of a hike, no shade, but it was worth it.  Pretty awesome!

That's us under the arch!

After a nice like little lunch we were driving back home :(  Too short of a weekend for sure!  I needed one more day!!!  

It was so peaceful during the hikes, it was quiet and at moments when we stopped  (and after we regulated our breathing and had a drink) it was so still, quiet.... just beautiful.  I had left my crap job behind, I didn't feel stressed, or worried.  I was just happy and content.

I need to spend more time in nature!








No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...