Monday, January 31, 2011

New place

Well, on Saturday I was blessed with some great help and got all my stuff transported from the Brown's to my new apartment by 2:30 :D  I'm feeling it today.  My biceps hurt when I do anything, including typing LOL  But it's been quick going with the unpacking.  I'm unwrapping stuff that I totally forgot I kept and other things that I'm wondering "why the hell did I keep that?!".  I already have a box that I'm putting stuff I need to sell/get rid of.  Does anyone need a wok?!  I don't think I've ever used it and with my lack of kitchen space storage I don't see the reason to keep that.
Speaking of lack of kitchen space, I unpacked my kitchen stuff first.  This girl has to eat!  Well, I thinking I'm doing pretty well with finding a spot for everything when I realized I haven't even bought any food!  Time to reorganize LOL
Once the last load was delivered, I did go and try to and buy some stuff that I knew I needed to make it threw the weekend.  Here's my first shopping trip: shower liner, trash bags, dish soap, drying rag, bread, peanut butter, jelly, cereal, soy milk, coffee, coffee creamer (oh, Whole Foods does not carry coffee cream just FYI ) and of course wine.....  I wanted to get some other stuff but I am going to try really hard to not make decision based on what I need and what I want.  There are things that I need but I know exactly what I want so I'm not going to buy something just to fill that space "for now"  I don't have the space or the money to buy stuff I'm going to replace when I find exactly what I want.
So, it's going to be interesting living for awhile.  I'm going to be here for a wee bit.  I have limited space so I need to make the most of it.
I had to call my Dad last night while I was unpacking.  He helped pack all my stuff over 3 years ago and I'm so happy with his packing skills.  I was lacking towels and sheets BUT with my Dad's awesome packing skills...well we wrapped up breakable stuff in towels and sheets :) SCORE!  I also was missing pillows but shoving a blanket into pillow cases works just fine for now :D

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...