Monday, September 27, 2010

Just a girl

The more I work in the “civilian sector” the more I get to learn about myself.  For my adult life thus far, my work attire has consisted of camouflage and combat boots.  On occasion I would have to “dress up” in my blues but that wasn’t very often.  In fact, this coming Saturday will be the first time I will be wearing my blues in about 5 years :P  Then for the past few years I’ve been a college student in Hawaii.  So my normal daily attire consisted of slippas (flip flops) shorts, tank, tops, and pulling my hair back.  Pretty low maintenance. The get up, shower and go sort of life. 

Now, things are different.  No jeans in the work place unless it’s a casual day.  I’m doing my hair every day, make-up, and usually wearing heals.  My calves are looking good, but my feet are totally confused.  The last time I wore heels on a regular basis I was clubbing in Okinawa Japan :P  When I get home and take of my shoes it’s like I was in grade school taking off my skates after a party at the roller rink but without the fun times and the sugar rush.

I don’t mind dressing up.  It’s a hassle but like my uniform I do take pride in what I look like at work.  For example: this morning I had a fashion dilemma.  I have these khaki pants that are a wee bit long (the curse of being vertically challenged).  I thought I bought some shoes with a long enough heel that would work. I was wrong. SO I went through my box o’shoes (yes I’m still living out of boxes) and found some shoes that would match and had a bigger heel.  I’m good to go! Again I am mistaken.  I look down at my naked toes peeping out.  Not good!

This past weekend I was sick.  I did entertain the thought of treating myself to a pedi/mani but didn’t. Hell, I didn’t even shower on Sunday (we all deserve those days once in awhile-don’t judge me).  We just got into fall so I figured I’d wouldn’t be wearing a bunch of open toe shoes to work anymore.  Again, I was wrong.  So, here I am all dressed up at 7 (I leave around 7:10) painting my first 4 toes with my shoes on.  My pinky toe is not visible with the shoes.  Who would of thought that me, not the most girly of girls would care if her toes were naked.  Good thing it’s my toes, the look pretty good from far away but up close…not so good :P

Also, driving to work this morning I realized I’m wearing shoes bought in Japan and jewelry from Turkey :)  I’ve had an awesome life thus far and I'm just getting started :)

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...