Friday, July 02, 2010

Trying to get on a schedule... it's not working :(

Well, I've been in Utah for about a week.  I've applied for 6 jobs that should be closing soon so hopefully I'll get some call backs!  We shall see....

I've been trying to get on some sort of schedule.  My "job" is to find a job.  So I get up at 7 (I'm thinking I'm going to move that up), work out, get coffee, shower and get on with the job hunting.  It doesn't help that I got here right before a major holiday or that Marcia and David have a friend from Brazil that is visiting this week.  The other night we were up past 2, and it was in the middle of the week!!!!  I did sleep in the next day but it made it hard to get up this morning to go walk the 2 miles that I'm going to work up to running :(  Marcia and I took the dogs for this walk.  It was already getting hot, but the mountains are just awesome AND there is still patches of snow on them :)  Wherever I live there has to be some major nature to look at.... ocean, mountains, lake, etc.  I can't handle the flat areas :(  I had to chuckle while we were walking-we pasted two women who had McD's cups.  Really?!  You're out on an exercise walk and stop at McD's?!  I guess that's better than nothing but I know when I work out the last thing I want is some freakn' fast food.

The Brazilian that is here is hard to understand at times.  But it seems the more you drink, the easier it is! LOL  Granted his broken English can come off as him barking orders to me at times, but I'm telling myself it's due to his lack of English.  I was told/asked to turn on the t.v. this morning.  This was before coffee or exercise so for those that know me.... not a good combo!

Last night I took the Traxs into town to meet up with Amanda and Dave.  They do free jazz at the Gateway every Thursday night.  I love not having to worry about parking and it's cheap and easy :)  The jazz was wonderful.  We found a patch of grass, sat and chatted and just enjoyed the evening.  I couldn't ask for anything more!

Public transit is a wonderful thing!  I love hearing random conversations.  While waiting for the trax there was a young girl who looked like she would be at home in a library with another young couple.  This "librarian" was talking about how she and her boyfriend don't celebrate anniversaries (this other couple did) and that they didn't even exchange gifts for Xmas.  As a matter of fact she was more bummed that she was in jail for Vday than Xmas!!!!  Yes, she was in jail for a wee bit and I was very curious to know why but that was not mentioned :(  Coming back home an older Hispanic man sat next to me.  He then says something to me in Spanish.  "excuse me" I say and he repeats in Spanish.  "I'm sorry I don't understand".  He said he thought I spoke Spanish and then I noticed that he looked at my arm.  Yes I'm dark and I love being mistaken for other nationalities... maybe I should learn another language :D  Add that to my "to do" list.

Well, my day is getting away from me.  Off to job hunting.

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...