Sunday, June 06, 2010

Farm work


Well, today I made friends with Mr. John Deer.  I was leaving to go pick up Mom from Honey's and Dad asked me if I wanted to help out.  He gave me some quick OJT on tractor mechanics and how to work the front loader and I was set!
Dad did a lot of weed eating and I helped rake stuff up and load the front loader and then I'd drive and dump it in the woods.  Pretty fun but tiring.  This morning I had a bowl of cereal and it wasn't enough!  I was starving by lunch so the spare ribs and green beans really hit the spot!
Once we picked up Mom we made it back over to the Nyander's and got settled.  Then it was back to yard work and tractor driving :)
Tomorrow I'm off to Jamestown PA to visit my friend Natalie who I haven't seen since 2004 and then Margo is in Chicago and I haven't seen her since I was stationed in Okinawa!  Fun times ahead!!!!

Last night I was upgraded from couch sleeping to an air mattress in Aunt Dorothy's house.  Aunt Dorothy passed about about 3 years ago and no one has slept in that house since.  Needless to say I was starting to get the heebee geebees but I got a text from a friend and we went back and forth for about an hour!  It really helped me settle down.  Granted when I needed to hit the bathroom in the middle of the night, I refused to get up until the sun was up LOL

Tomorrow I'm off to PA and IL :D  

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...