Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mini Vacation

I flew out to visit my friend Natalie in Jamestown, PA.  I haven't seen her since 2004!  The first night there we went to a local watering hole for some drinks and pupus.  It was relaxing and interesting.  The next day she put me to work on her working farm (she didn't make me ;)  I helped plant tomatoes, picked strawberries, helped pick broccoli and spinach.  That night we ate so good with a majority of the food coming from their farm, or their pond!

The next day we went to market to sell some goods and then we had a late start to Chicago (8hr road trip).  We got there around 2am and we were silly delirious.  Had fun patching an air mattress and sitting around and talking.  I think we went to bed around 4am :P

Next day... sight seeing.
First stop, Superdawg!





We went to the Field Museum, walked around and saw some cool things of Chicago.



We then walked over to the Buckingham Fountain.  It's claim to fame that most people know is that it was in the opening credits to the show Married With Children.

Kept walking to the Millennium Park.  Chicago has a lot of green and it was just beautiful!  They also had this splash pad with fountains.  The pics are of local chicagoans and they change.



We ended the night with some Ethiopian food.  It was interesting, good flavor, and you eat with your hands and bread.  I would love to go back and spend more time in Chicago.
On Friday there was a parade for the Blackhawks who had just won the Stanley cup so we had to check that out.  It was a lot of fun and we got to see it!  I got tons of pics of buildings and some of the parade but I can't post them all :P
I'll make a slide show and post it later.

I'm getting tired of the traveling but it's nice to have the down time here at the grandparents before heading out to California and then on to Utah.



No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...