Saturday, June 05, 2010

The Devil!

30 May 2010

Mom and I pick up Dad today.  It will be another adjustment, but a good one.  He’ll just be here for a couple of weeks and then he heads back to Hawaii.  He has to stay there till October L 

Yesterday was interesting.  I woke up, and while I was drinking coffee in the kitchen David and Honey come walking in,
Me, “Good Morning”
David, “It’s up! Good Morning.”
Honey…. Just walked on by and continued with the conversation that her and David were having a about the difference between Advil and Ibuprofen.
O.k. I’ll let that go… but I had noticed over the past couple of days that Honey hasn’t interacted with me, ignored me, and has not even made eye contact with me.  I’ve lived with a person where you play the avoidance game and that was an obvious snub.  I pressed on with my morning and just did what I do.  I went outside to read a magazine and when I was coming in they were leaving.
Me, “where you guys off to?”
Honey, “We’re going to hell!”
I paused and then replied, “Well, have fun.”

I needed to use the Internet over my Aunt and Uncle’s house (the Suttons) so I headed over.  I stopped at the store to pick up some benadryl for the dogs and before going in I was talking with Dad about the morning’s drama (won't go into specifics but Honey, Mom, and I had a "talk").  His advice, “think of them as special needs children.”  Research as shown that as we get older we regress mentally and it is true!  I got to the Suttons and had a drink! I needed it after the morning :P Eventually we got Mom over there for some steaks and a movie so the day ended on a good note.

On the drive home I almost killed an armadillo.  They weren’t up this far before, I use to never see them, and so this is a recent road hazard along with deer and other critters. Then I got to Honey’s and had to kill a pretty big spider that was hanging out in the bathroom! Ugh 

Last night we watched Legion and I thought it was a good movie.  I liked the storyline.  Well, this morning Mom was telling David and Honey about the movie on the front porch and as God fearing country folk you’d think that they would find it interesting.  Well, Mom walked away and I hear David and Honey talked about that movie being devil’s work?!  I’m not sure why but I thought of the movie Waterboy… LOL

Mama Boucher: You gonna lose all your fancy "fools' balls" games! And your gonna fail your big exam! Because school is?
Bobby Boucher: The devil?
[Mama gasps]
Bobby Boucher: Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! 

You got to laugh or else this place will kill you!

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...