Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas and Acne :P

Well Christmas is over for another year. My Christmas was very low key... I stayed home, got up and payed bills, and did homework. So yes, I was by myself but it worked out just lovely. Sometimes when you are around people, you feel more lonely so hanging out by myself and just taking care of things that were needed to get done... well it wasn't so bad. I enjoyed seeing everyone's holiday pics on FB thought :) I was an Internet stalker for the holidays :P

Last night was the PH/Bio Christmas party. Yep, I was the only single person there and I didn't have any kids nor was am I expecting any. Usually, those type of environments are uncomfortable for us single folks but it was nice and it worked out nicely. I even managed to play a few songs on RockBand, something that hasn't been done since Utah. I had to keep it on easy mode but the teenagers were kinda surprised by the couple of adults that braved it and played a few songs :) I had my first turducken. WOW! A lot of meat and I was worried about the duck portion... I've only had duck a few times and it's usually greasy and unimpressive... but this was some good stuff! I got compliments on my desert :D Not surprising, you really can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter LOL. We did the secret santa thing and I got a great bottle tag, granted I've been drinking the wine quicker than a festive tag would be needed, but it looks good on empty bottles too :) And some great smelling candles, which is great cuz as much as I love good smelling candles it's one thing that I haven't bought for myself for a couple of reasons 1) I need the money for other stuff and 2) in being eco friendly I would of course have to buy the eco friendly candles which cost a little bit more ;).
On the note of being eco friendly, I have a complaint....

K, here's some TMI but if you're reading this.... you can always stop reading it :P
Since Aug, I stopped taking a certain med and my skin totally revolted. Talk about break outs! If I was a insecure teenager I would have refused to go outside (personally I think on a subconscious level this is why I have yet to be to the beach) and if I did I would of tried to cover everything up which we all know never works out for the best! So, last month with no end in site with this horrific skin I went back on my meds. But since then I've tried other stuff in hopes that my skin with clear up AND I've tried to be eco-friendly about it. I've tried Burt's Bees new acne stuff for a couple of months... no change, then went to Lush cuz I've LOVED all their other products (specially their hair stuff) and I'm thinking that stuff made it worse. I liked the facial lotion but that was about it. I think the cleanser wasn't helping but irritated it. When I was over and Mom and Dad's I was talking to Mom about this and was like "all I want for Xmas is clear skin" and she mentioned that whenever something starts to pop up she uses proactiv and it stops it before it gets worse. Now I've tried proactiv before, back in Okinawan days and I don't remember much about it but I guess it worked cuz I did use it for awhile BUT I did get irritated with the automatic sending that they do, cuz that means they automatically bill you for stuff and before you know it you got bottles of this shit and you actually try to give it away. Mom said she'd give me a bottle of the stuff but then we both forgot when I went home. Well I was at the mall yesterday getting some stuff and they have a proactiv kiosk, no automatic sending here ;), so I talked with the little lady (but I was almost hesitated cuz SHE had a little bit of acne problem but then I thought... she's working at a kiosk so she may not have the $ to be buying this stuff) so I went ahead and bought a kit. I used it when I was getting ready for my Xmas party and then when I got home I used it again. This morning, I have to admit... there is a difference! DAMN the non eco friendly medication stuff! LOL The one selling point of spending the money on this stuff is that if I don't see a difference in 6-8 weeks I can't take it back to the kiosk and get a full refund! I don't have to worry about mailing the stuff back, which is great for me cuz I'm lazy that way.
SO, we will see if there will be a continued improvement OR it's just a fluke this first night....

Well, that's the latest and greatest! I have school work to tackle, emails to check for a professor and a kick ass dance class to try out this evening!

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...