Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TheBus

Well, today was the day I tried out TheBus by going to HPU to drop off some paperwork. I must say it was easy and I had fun. On the way to downtown an old lady was talking to another old lady about the usual stuff: health, weather, problems with family. I found out that she had some sort of metal in her leg, she was blind in one eye thus she was no longer able to drive (which I saw as a good thing) but apparently she's been driving "just fine with only one eye". I wonder how true that is?!
On the way home I took a different bus than what was recommended by the website but I got off at the mall and just walked home. It's nice to walk, and not have to worry about parking, the traffic, or any of the other yahoo drivers out there. Granted some of the bus drivers are a little scary. The guy coming home pulled out before I had turned in my money and I about fell down the aisle. Now I know, these guys are in a hurry to go a city block up to the next bus stop ;)
I'm looking forward to taking other rides, maybe I'll see how far of a walk it is to Waikiki beach from our place and if it's too far.... hello TheBus :D
....and to make this even better IT'S GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT :D

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...