Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Poker Run (pics)

On this past Sunday Seanny and I went on the Pohaku Pa `akiki (The words "Pohaku Pa'akiki" translates to mean "Rock Solid Unity", "Strong Foundation", "Steadfast", and "Firm".) First Annual M/C Poker Run! It was a little last minute but we showed up, got registered and had a great day. It was my first one. Once we were registered we got a list of stops and at each stop we picked a token with a number on it, which was stamped on our envelopes. I guess on other poker runs you actually get cards at each stop. The way it was done on Sunday was so you really have no clue what your hand is till the end. I guess they want everyone showing up at the end ;) There were 5 stops including the first and last one. We pretty much hit each side of the island. It was a beautiful ride. At the end we had traditional Hawaii cookout food YUM. They also had raffle tickets (we didn't win anything) and they had games for the bikers. They also did a slow ride competition (I don't have pics of that one). There were a couple of guys on mopeds that hung as well as mopeds can with the bikers. It was pretty funny. Afterwords we went to a bar with a fellow biker on the way home and hung out and had some drinks.
Both Seanny and I got some sun that day but it was worth it, even with our raccoon eyes :D

Tonight is the Journey concert! WHOOHOO But before then....school work BOO HISS

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...