Thursday, June 18, 2015

Interesting south

It's been a transition and it's going to be ongoing for a wee bit.  Yesterday I went around checking out possible boarding areas for Sami and if longer than a weekend... Tux.  Our vet does do dog boarding but not cats.  I decided to check out one other vet that does cat and dog boarding, along with another spot that their cat boarding set up I liked.  Stop #1 was to the vet office and it was about 1pm.  Now, one thing I've noticed about this area is that customer service is lacking.  I walk into a business and it's like I am putting these people out in asking about their services or asking for help!  This vet was no different... I walk in and see 4 technicians or admin personnel in the front office area.  I explain that I was new to the area and wanted to check out their boarding facilities.  The female at the front looked at me like I was odd for asking for such a service then proceeded to ask me to come back at 2, that everyone is at lunch, and there is no one to take me on the tour.  I would like to remind you that I saw four workers there while I spoke to her!  UGH  Needless to say I did not go back :(  
Next stop was a boarding place in the middle of nowhere, another regular thing out here, and I have no issue with that...I have GPS :D  I drove around and around, according to my GPS I passed it twice BUT there was NO business sign and I was not going to randomly drive down people's driveways. Grrrr  Oh well.  We'll figure something out when we go out of town!

Speaking of Sami, my old lady, is getting an ultrasound next week to check out her liver.  Before leaving Utah she was started on a liver supplement.  It could be old age or it could be something more so we are going to hopefully determine that's it just old age.  She is such a trooper and is a good dog! 

As for the job hunt...applied for three jobs and we'll see how that goes.  Job hunting is so much fun :(

With not much going on in the local area here, Joe and I take little trips (usually up to the Raleigh) area.  Last Saturday we hit up Fuquay Varina, it has a history of there being a mineral spring there that built up the population. We started off at a local bakery, got some ice coffees and some fresh baked goods and then walked around a little.  Joe made a comment that that town has 10,000 people less than Goldsboro and Fuquay Varina has more stuff to offer, to include 3 microbreweries!  We checked out one, Draft Line Brewing Co. and they had just been in business for a year.  They set up a bar and a place for a band in their warehouse where they brew.  It was a neat set up but it was HOT!  They had fans so it wasn't terrible but we've been hanging out in 100 degree weather with the humidity! ugh I'm getting use to it.  We then went to Lafayette Village, a little shopping area with a Paris building vibe. We picked up some awesome cheese and some spices before having a nice late lunch before heading home.  This weekend we are planning on checking out a car show which will be good.  


a short hike along the Neuse River
a book exchange in Fuquay Varina

at the Fuquay Varina park where the mineral spring use to be

Draft Line Brewing Co.


No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...