Saturday, June 08, 2013

Dirty Dash dashed

Ugh...  So I had drill last weekend and like usual it was long days, then a regular work week but it's felt like a long week and my weekend was filled with "to do's", and the Dirty Dash.  So really, not a break from work, no recovery/recoup time.  Well, I guess my body decided to take matters in it's own capable hands.
Hello head cold!  Complete with aches/pains, full on congestion, nausea, body aches, and indecision of if it's hot or cold which all equals no good sleep.  Friday I did my "to do's" like I was doing the Dirty Dash, picked up my run package, bought some stuff from Savers so I wouldn't have to ruin my own stuff.
I woke up on Saturday feeling a little bit better but overall not up to the challenge. Hell, it felt like my head gained extra weight!  So, I made the adult decision and listened to my body and bowed out of the Dirty Dash :( and am bonding with my neti pot and fluids.


No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...