Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Well, it's here!  Mom and Dad are en route and it's raining :(  But a short 45 minutes away it's snowing. We are expecting a snow storm, so a white Christmas is the rumor.  We will see.  Mom and Dad will probably be seeing the white stuff before us with their drive in.
I believe we all are done with wrapping and shopping! Ugh... but now I feel as though I forgot someone or something :(  Maybe this is why I didn't do this on a regular basis.  I feel like I need to buy for everyone and feel guilty if I leave people out!
My last go round of wrapping consisted of my regular helper, Tux. Who did his thing but soon turned to attack  mode.

Makes life interesting.  
I'm suppose to be working today but the President gave us a day off :D  I woke up this morning thinking of things I need to do at work though :(  The week we get back to work is going to be crazy and we have limited time to get everything ready.  It will work out... it usually does!
Things are get ready to be crazy here... with 3 dogs and a cat.  I've been trying to keep Tux in the know but yeah... it's going to be a shock and he's going to be PISSED at us for this intrusion.  He has his safe room so he should be o.k.
Our secrete santa at work was a hit.  Everyone made out pretty good.  I got Hawaiian coffee, a cup warmer (which I am currently using) a coffee mug with ginger snaps in it.  I gave the mug back because my Santa said his daughter wanted to draw zombies on it.  I want the zombies :)  I will post a pic when I get it back!  I'm excited!  The Capt was shocked at all the different Dr Pepper items we had for her (beef jerky, freezer pops, jelly beans, chap stick, ice cream topping, bbq sauce)  She made out!
I have some last minute clean and get ready things to do before the folks get here.  I'm going to make a pumpkin pie (not sure if I ever made one before), made some cookies the other day... and need to figure out what we can do/have for dinner. Ugh...i'm not a person that "entertains" that well, it stresses me out!  Codi is sick, and Shane is getting over whatever crud they got.  I though I was getting it, a sore throat, but it seems to have gone away!  Fingers crossed!!!  I do NOT want to be ill while I'm off of work, that's just cruel.
I need to buy the tickets for the zoo lights, figured that will be a nice thing to do while they are here. 
Wish me luck!  I'll have pics and post in a week!

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...