Saturday, June 18, 2011

a little too much

It's been a hard couple of weeks.  I won't go into detail but I've been exhausted emotionally and physically.  It didn't help that it was my 12 day work week with my drill weekend.  I'm working about 10+ hrs daily at my job and I feel as though I don't get anything accomplished so that doesn't help me emotionally and then there has been some family stressors.

I had a fainting spell a couple of weeks ago too.  I'm not a stranger to fainting, I did it a lot growing up.  In church I'd lock my knees and pass out.  I'm a professional.  I know when it's coming and sometimes I can deal with it and not totally go out.  This last bout didn't go so well and it just seemed wrong to me. I've had two bouts of fainting in one year.  Not cool... so I went to the doctor to get some basic labs done.

Well,  I'm anemic.  It's not abnormal for females.  Now I can just hear it, it's cuz you are a vegetarian now! Well, it may be but I'm not going to put that down for the root cause of my anemia.  I wasn't a big red meat eater in the first place.  Plus my parents had always thought I was anemic with my lack of energy, cold hands, and fainting spells but I guess my levels were always good so it was never a concern.  I think I may have been toeing the anemic line my whole life and yes...with my diet change I've crossed it.  But then there is a lot of female vegetarians out there that do just fine so I just need to get my body back in balance.
We'll see how the iron supplements go, and if I don't feel better and there is still a problem then I'll rethink the vegetarian thing.

It's not good to be getting into summer and have  no energy.  :(  I woke up, had a lazy morning and then heading out with the plan of checking out the Gateway.  Do a little window shopping and take the trax home before going over to the Brown's for the evening.  I made it a few blocks away. I had a nice lunch, checked out a book store, bought some things and made it home.  I'm exhausted :(

A nap is in order.

Granted I was up late going to the comedy show and then chit chatting till 1 or something.... but still.  I'm physically exhausted.  This is not cool!  I may need and In & Out Burger :P

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...