Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back to me

For the past month and a half my life has been hectic.  I've moved into a new place, Mom came for a visit, worked pretty much every other weekend, bought furniture, had furniture delivered, and then put that furniture together, house sat, and even battled a head cold.  After working this past weekend and house sitting once I got home Monday after work I was just drained, physically and due to that was mentally toeing the line to depression.  When I get exhausted and overwhelmed it's just a minute or two before depression is knocking at my door wanting to come in.  I know this, I know the signs, I know my thoughts are increasingly getting depressed and negative. 
I choose not to allow this to go any further.
I woke up this morning planning to go run before work, BUT with the stupid time change it's still dark out when I got up.  So I just hit snooze for a good hour and half.  Not a good start to fighting my depression.
Then work started off rough. 
My coworker was going to be a few hours late and I was covering doing MA work.  No big deal but the first patient was a type of patient I hadn't dealt with before.  Things were needed to be set up, medication found, syringes and needles put together.  Now I know my way around a needle and syringe (I was a immunization tech for 10yrs) but I was not trained on the specifics of what was needed.  I HATE not knowing something, being unprepared, and just all around looking like I failed in this area.  But things worked out, they always do.  I just hate not being prepared :(  After that hiccup the day settled into it's normal Tuesday. 
But that hectic morning, took me out of my mental negativity and gave me a mental jump start back to normalcy.  Not sure why but it worked.
I got home and changed and went for a jog.  This is the first time I have roamed the streets and got to check out some stuff (even if it was while running).  I went town bound (it's down hill) and appreciated the old houses and the little places that I never really get to notice while I'm driving to work.  I eventually had to turn around and head back uphill but I just walked back :)
Came home and made some spinach/cheese ravioli with some fresh carrots and garlic alfredo sauce.  Yep, I'm sticking to the no meat thing. 
Is it helping me feel better and battle my negative moods?
Who knows but I am feeling better, lighter and even more aware of my food. Plus I'm having fun experimenting in the ways of cooking :D

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...