Friday, November 05, 2010

I HAVE A JOB!

I start on Monday, after a weekend of work but whatever :P  My second interview that I mentioned in my last post never took place.  My interviewer called my references and called me on Monday saying "with talking with your references, we decided that we just want to hire you!" 

AWESOME!

I'll be working at a clinic doing a mix of medical admin and medical assisting.  The clinic specializes in MS patients and the head doc is a leader in MS research and treatment.  He travels a lot.  So, I may be able to help out and do stuff in the the research avenue :D  The job is a hog podge of things which is good for me!  I get so bored with the same ol stuff day in and day out.  The pay is above average for others doing this work BUT they even said I was over qualified so I'm thinking after my probation period (3 months) and after they see my work ethic we can revisit the pay.  The pay is livable, I can get my own place BUT it doesn't leave much for savings and trip planning :P

I'm still keeping my eye open for work possibilities.  I still have a job application out for up at the base, but I can't sit around to see if that pans out.  I just saw another posting for a position at the VA so I'll probably check that out and apply for that one. 

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...