Thursday, October 07, 2010

Love my guy friends

I had a nice relaxing morning and I was IMing with some friends via Facebook.  My one guy friend I've know for about 6 years now.  We met while stationed overseas, he was married at the time and so was I.  He's a kick ass medic so we got a long well and he's been a good friend.  At one point he even diagnosed my illness via skype :P When I was in some military training near him we hung out a little and due to the less than safe surrounds he gave me a nice little knife-which I still have.  Good to have friends like that.  


We had a repeat conversation today.  He asked me if I was happy and I told him even though I'm in this in-between status of my life chapters, I am happy.  He then asked if I had a new man in my life.  I told him I want a job and my own apartment first :P I then added that I'm not missing it, the boyfriend thing.  I have moments when I miss that companionship with a man but overall I'm happy and I don't feel as though something is missing in my life.  I told him I was on a manbreak ;) He said my last man boycott lasted a LONG time (that's relative but anyway) and that I am too hot to keep this boycott going for long...it's not fair to mankind.  I told him to brief his fellow men on the importance of honesty and respect.  He agreed but then pointed out that I may have my radar stuck on asshat.  He may have a point.  


So this man break is to reset my life and my mandar.  Either way, I'm in no hurry to jump back into the relationship thing.  I'm enjoying things as is :D



No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...