Friday, June 04, 2010

Bucking the system



24 May 2010

Second day in Anderson, Missouri… population 1,856.   Main street is one way!

According to my brother, most of the population is in the cemetery, or at least have one foot in the grave!
Mom and Honey took off to get Mom’s new car. 

I’m trying to stay awake.  There is nothing to do and David is watching the Price Is Right.  It still looks old to me, even though it’s current if that makes any sense?! 

Yesterday, for a little bit, we talked story / BS’d / reminisced… whatever you want to call it.  My great grandfather taught John Wayne how to shoot, and my Sicilian ancestors left Sicily due to mafia issues and love (isn’t that why anyone moves to another country?).  Maybe that’s where I get my drive for adventure and the hope that love will prevail :D

I “tried” to borrow Honey’s car so I could go to town and get something at the store, well that didn’t work out and she drove me.  I have a feeling I won’t get to “borrow” her car the whole time I’m here.  Thank goodness Mom is getting her car today.  I might get some freedom time here and there.  I am sleeping on the living room couch if that paints a picture for you :P 

Getting into the car Honey has the passenger’s seat belt already buckled.  I unbuckled it cuz I do wear my seatbelt while in  a car. 
“Are you going to use that?” Honey,
“Yes, seat belts save lives” me. 
Apparently, according to Mom, Honey and David boycott the use of seatbelts due to it’s the government telling them what they should be doing!  FIGHT THE POWER?!  That right there should let you all know what kind of weeks I’ll be having.
I think I was getting over my head cold but now I’m not sure if it’s allergies or the smoke that is bothering me.  If anyone questions what smoking does to your lungs, should come visit my grandma Honey.  There is a yellow tinge to everything, and the ceiling has a burnt yellow/orange tinge to it.  No, not a tinge… it’s freakn’ just burnt yellow/orange.  

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...