Sunday, May 09, 2010

Eco friendly complaint

I needed some disposable plates due to that I just gave away all my plates yesterday.  Since I had to get disposable me, trying to be more eco friendly, went for the the more eco friendly stuff.  One was bamboo which was also reusable (bonus) and the other choice was the bare made with renewable sugarcane and it has a nice little thing "keep American beautiful".  The bamboo cost more and then the whole keeping American beautiful appealed to me.
So, where are these products made?
THEY ARE BOTH MADE IN CHINA?!  WTF?!
Of course the bare made by solo is keeping America beautiful cuz it's outsourcing to freakn' China and polluting their country due to lax environmental laws!  Oh and once you read the print on the back of the solo product: "compostable in a commercial facility.  appropriate commercial composting facilities may not exist in your community"

So, let us see here:
kudos for not killing more trees
boo for being made in China
boo for not being easily compostable
kudos for being made from an annually renewable source

I'm thinking I should have bought the bamboo.... ugh

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...