Sunday, December 20, 2009

Good food and friends


Last night I went over to Crysti's for a get together to celebrate the holidays and the end of the semester. There was great food and great conversation! It was nice and relaxing with home made mulled wine, a ham, some well seasoned beef (awesome meat Jojo!), green bean casserole, and some local sweet potatoes. I say local cuz they were purple so there is no mistaking the difference :) and they were the BEST! The first time I had these wonderful yams was in Okinawa and it was in ice-cream... ube ice cream! My FAVORITE! Nights like that just goes to show me that things are good :) Even though I may be in a "mood" and not feeling overly social... it's always good to be with good people!

Today has been a lazy day, just finished making a brunch of corn beef hash, rice, and an egg... yummy in my tummy. Got some housekeeping things to take care of today but other than that... laziness will ensue. I am doing some man days with my unit to catch up on some work so I have to be up early tomorrow :( I made sure I had coffee for tomorrow and went on a festive limb and got eggnog coffee creamer. I'm trying.... :P

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...