Thursday, September 24, 2009

Taking me a lazy day :)

Why? Cuz I deserve it dammit :P
Anyhoo... school is going well. I'm talking to a counselor today cuz it looks like I'm JUST TWO CLASSES AWAY from being done! I need to figure out my next step... work OR graduate school.
Counseling is going good. Sometimes I go in feeling pretty good and then we start our work and all this crap comes up to the surface. It's draining purging all that stuff but it's good!
Yesterday I had a conversation with someone that irked me, cuz it was something I've heard before and I was tired of it. I sent out a couple of FB emails to my girlfriends asking for support and advice. These girls were girls that I haven't SEEN in years! We haven't hung out or anything like that and I got an out pouring of support and love! It was awesome! I'm not one to reach out to others. I don't want to burden people with my stuff cuz I know everyone has their own issues and drama. But dammit.... it did take the weight off and it did cement me more into how I felt. It's one thing to listen to your gut but when you are just starting to do that, it's so wonderful to have that back up from fellow females. First time I've felt part of that sense of sisterhood :)
I felt so good today that I figured I'd skip my classes, take care of some stuff, and just be in the moment today. Get a bottle of wine and hopefully meet up with a friend for dinner and some good conversation... if it doesn't pan out then heh at least I'll still have that wine ;)
I am truly blessed with friends all over this world. They may not be within driving distance but they are an email away!

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...