Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Words that make you think from the oddest places

I'm still on Michigan time so I've been waking up in the wee hours of the morning, even before the chickens start their welcoming to the new day.
I was flipping through flair on Facebook, seeing what new stuff or funny stuff I could acquire and I came across this one for trust:
The worst thing about being lied to is knowing that you weren't worth the truth.
Very insightful for a FB flair huh?
Talking with one of my girlfriends about my recent man drama, I mentioned that I forgave him for what had happened. It's easy for me to forgive others, but that doesn't mean that I accept their actions or think that it's o.k. I forgive and press on and she made a comment about what she had realized about her past man issues cuz she is like me in some aspects. She said she realized that she hasn't forgiven herself. For what? Well, like most women I know we are very hard on ourselves. We criticize how our bodies look, we second guess what we do and what we say, and when the shit hits the fan we are talented in finding some way to blame ourselves. I am slowly getting to the point where I don't blame myself for everything that goes wrong. I know I have my issues and I'm not perfect, I will be the first to admit I have a problem.
I dunno... life is full of challenges and struggles. I am just one of many who is trying to find their niche in this world, trying to figure out my purpose without fking up things too bad.
I've been hurt and I've hurt others, but I refuse to sit on the sidelines scared to take a chance on things. I may hesitate but in the end I always jump. Whether things work out or not, well... I'll deal with that when it arises.
Until then, the sun is shining, I feel good in my skin, and to quote Stuart Smalley from SNL:
"I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!"

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...