Monday, August 24, 2009

Just 2 weeks until school starts!!!!!

In about 2 weeks classes start again and I don't feel ready in any sense. My schedule will be:
Mon/Wed/Fri: Human Sexuality
Tues/Thurs: Making a Difference, Social Movement/Collective Behavior
Wed night: is global citizenship possible

It breaks down to 2 Anthropology classes, a Psychology class, and a Sociology class. A lot of reading but hopefully there will be a lot of thought provoking discussions too!

I'm working on getting my own apartment. It's not the usual way to get an apartment... the owners are overseas doing missionary work. I pray that things work out and things go smoothly.

My house sitting is going well. The animals are interesting with their own personalities. Coco, the pit bull mix, is a sweetie and very in tune to me. Whenever I am on the phone and get upset she will bark and give me kisses :D Donald the duck is a bully but I think that is cuz he's alone now... don't recall what happened to his girlfriend but he harasses Coco whenever she goes outside. The other day I guess I wasn't moving fast enough getting the food out cuz Donald started to peck at my legs! They also have 3 birds but they don't do a whole lot... I think Lucky jams out when I play music but I could be mistaken.

Slowly I'm moving forward and trying to keep my outlook positive, but some days are harder than others. I think once I get my own place, and start school things will be better... I'll have a new focus.


There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
CARL JUNG

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...