Friday, July 31, 2009

Winds of Change

The winds have shifted and I again am on a new course. I don't know what my future holds except that I'm signed up for 4 classes for Fall 09, I'm going to Alpena MI in a week, and I'm not sure where I'll be living a month from now.
I can be bitter, resentful, or dwell on things that have passed OR just move forward and to take care of myself.
I saw John, the needle guy (acupuncturist), this afternoon and he said my body is wrecked! My BP is out of whack and I have so many knots it my back and neck from muscle tension he asked to see me again before going to Alpena (this is the first time he has ever asked me to come back for a follow up). He put a handful of needles all along my right side and afterwords tried to work out some of my tension. He gave me some herbs to help also :) So we will see how things work out...
I think John should get paid more for he being part therapist. He asked me if I felt like I'd ever have a healthy relationship (whatever that is), and I honestly told him no and he said all this is just a speed bump. Nice... but usually there is just one speed bump on the road, you slow down and you keep going all nice and smooth.
So this is more on his way of thinking....


I feel a better way to look at it is like the ocean, I feel like this is more like it...


Even when things are going "smoothly" there will be waves, I know this. But I have been so mentally beaten and thrashed that my body is wrecked. I'm at one of my safe harbors with my folks and my focus is to get my mind and body strong enough to deal with upcoming storms. That's why I moved out to Hawaii in the first place ;) I guess I get a redo :P

Here are some quotes I came across that hit close to home right about now:


BERNICE JOHNSON REAGON:
Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.

HELEN KELLER:
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

M. SCOTT PECK:
The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.

Don't curse the darkness - light a candle.
- Chinese proverb

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.
- Publilius Syrus

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...