Monday, June 29, 2009

Random Weekend (pics)

Well, my summer has officially started:D I am done with my online class and I don't start my next semester till September! Last week seemed to last forever with the class but after talking to others, everyone seemed to feel as though last week went on and on.
Seanny is getting active with the unions at work and right now there is a lot of hub bub going on with the governor and her making state workers take 3 days off a month for 2 years resulting in around a 14% pay deduction. Not so good here in Hawaii. He talks about it in his blog. I'm not very politically savvy but on Thursday we went to listen to a Dr. in economics break down how this action effects the state economically. From what he says things will not end good. This whole thing is going to court in a matter of days so we will see.... enough on that :D
On Saturday Seanny and I walked to Ala Moana beach park to check out the annual dragon boat races. We made it down there about mid day and walked around, watched a couple of races and saw some things we could have done with out. Half a man's butt hanging out, and no this was not a surfer dude with a cute butt! Then we walked past a woman catching a nap in the park. Not a big deal but then we noticed she was just laying there in a top and some granny panties with little flowers on them! I think by that point we just looked toward the ocean side and didn't check out the park portion so much. The probability of see a majority of weird/disgusting things on the beach is a lot lower. After a couple of races and checking out the food booths, we walked over to the big ass the mall on the way home and grabbed a quick bite to eat. That evening we went for a poker run. It was a beautiful evening and we ended up at a club house for pulled pork, mac salad, beans and sausage..... yum yum. I think we got home around 1130 :D It was an evening of good riding, good conversation, bikers, good food, and like all good get together.... alcohol:D At one traffic light a biker pulled up to us as goes "Pardon me, do you have any beer?" Way better they asking for grey poupon!
Sunday has turned into go to Mom and Dad's for laundry, food, and good company... oh and the magic beer fridge :D Their big patio is pretty much done except for some painting and rumor has it we are going to have a big dance party there in the near future. It's great to go over there. We get to hang out with the folks and get our furry animal fix with the dogs. On the way home we were talking and Hawaii is missing all those cute furry animals like chipmunks, squirrels.... the Disney cute furry animals. I'm going to research that one. We were both disappointed and surprised! Although one day driving on snake road I saw a bunny. We are now keeping a look out!
Well, it's my first Monday of no school work :D I'm going to clean and then go walk around and check things out. Hell, I need to work on my tan!

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...