Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thunder and rain

We've had a lot of abnormal weather this winter with the flooding that hasn't been seen since forever and now....an island wide power outage!
When Seanny and I were coming home from the movies last night I notice the highway lights go out when we were getting on the H2. I didn't think much of it but as we kept driving we noticed that no lights were on anywhere. Dad wanted us to pick up some stuff so we did a drive by of Wally world and it was dark so we just crept home. With all the rain we went the longer route to avoid any low lying areas. Dad has a generator so we had some power, enough to watch a movie :) Seanny and I skipped the movie cuz we just went and saw "The Spirit" (go ahead and skip this one) and I was a bit movied out. We got a book light and read "The Watchmen" for a bit and then I was done.
The power came back on here at 4:30 am so we are good to go for now. It's been raining non stop and the thunder is scaring the dogs. As of right now, Malia is in bed with Seanny and Sami is near by.
Don't think there will be much activity here in the Nyander household today :(

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...