Saturday, November 21, 2009

Poetry

A fond memory of my brother was one time he was messing around with one of his friends and they kept saying "Poetry... The stars and the moon. Poetry" It stuck and we had a good laugh and now I have a good memory of him saying that over and over :)

I wrote poetry in high school. I loved my creative writing class. I actually had a poem published. I don't understand all the parts of poetry, I never studied it. I just write what feels good to me, what makes me feel good. I've written one poem in the last six years... tonight I wrote six. It seems to be an easy way to bleed out emotions, healthier... I did feel better after my writing and the poems went from somewhat dark to a little more hopeful so it did help.

So... next time, which will be sooner than later, when I'm swallowing emotions and words I'll just write some prose and call it a day in hopes that by getting the stuff out it won't rattle in my brain ;)

I think I'll spare whomever reads this blog the darker ones :D


A purge of words
emotions
releases the valve
of pain.
GO!
On fluttering wings
of hope
and forgiveness.
Be light
and free
away
from my soul.


Look inward.
For love,
worth,
truth.
For then
it will be
reflected back.

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...