Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Question....

I've been hearing and seeing post on FB about the help the U.S. is giving to Haiti, to the theme of why are we doing all this stuff for them when there are all these problems in the U.S.
To those people I ask:
What are you doing for these problems in the U.S., are you helping at homeless shelters, are you giving money to organizations that help the needy in the U.S.? or are you the type to sit on your couch and complain about the homeless sleeping on the streets, to complain and put out post about "how messed up" and "backwards" our government is?

I respect people that are doing things and THOSE are the people that I will listen to... I will listen to the people that are spending their time to help the needy in the U.S., talking with the elderly, working with at youth risks, and are helping to clean up our environment.

The human race is all interconnected. Are we so self centered that we can't realize that by helping others, we are helping ourselves?!

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...