Sunday, October 26, 2008

15 more wake ups :)

I got a busy couple of weeks ahead of me, which is good cuz that means it will go quickly ;) Tomorrow I'm going to campus to talk with an advisor, and also the Career Services Center. I'm thinking I'm not going to get good news about the nursing degree thing, so I am forming my back up plan. Everyone is saying, just get a degree in something that interest me. Well, that's fine and dandy but there isn't any money in that really.... so I'm hoping the Career Services Center can give me some hope in that arena. Dad, likes to point out a degree is a degree to the military and I can still get my commission-so we will see.
I picked nursing cuz that's where all my background is. Yes, I find it interesting but I don't want to be the typical nurse on a ward. So, maybe that's not what I need to be doing. Cuz I would have to put a lot of hours in ward settings... so maybe in some weird twisted way the universe is pointing me elsewhere.
The major that interest me, well caught my eye, is in Social Science. WTF is that? you may ask... here you go:

This is an eclectic interdisciplinary major which provides a foundation in the areas of political science, psychology, sociology, and anthropology -- collectively referred to as the "behavioral sciences." This major may include representative offerings from related fields.
This major prepares students for further training on the graduate level in the various social sciences and also provides excellent preparation for law school and public service.
Students in this major will develop skills and methods for critically assessing and understanding the world in which they live. They will be able to compare and assess their own culture in a global context and be prepared to meet the evolving needs of society.

AND what will I do with this? Hopefully the Career Services Center can tell me, if not I need a back up plan to my back up plan :(
Anyhoo..... Now I'm going to bitch about serotonin and hormones! K, I started on some BCPs a couple of months ago and I specifically asked for Yaz cuz it "proclaims" to help with mood and acne. Um... yeah... I'm still waiting on both of those to clear up! I seriously believe the last time my face was this bad was in high school. I FREAKN hate it! Maybe my skin doesn't like Hawaii? I mean the humidity? I dunno. Well for awhile I was taking these antibiotics, which I stopped cuz I really don't want to be on antibiotics for ever! Those cleared up some issues, to a point but my face.... still sucks. I stopped with the differin gel also about the same time but this past week I started using it again. Let's hope for the best! Granted it's just been a couple of months but grrrrr..... I'm so tired of this shit! And the moods! They aren't bad per se but I hate depression! I hate how my mind works when I get in these slumps. At least now I've gotten to a point to where I can say "those insecure thoughts is just the depression talking, they have no truth to them!" That's all good and well but it doesn't pull me out of my black hole. And then one day I wake up and TA DA I feel good! WTF, I don't want to be moody or psychotic! It's freakn' annoying! Do guys go threw this? Just wake up one day and hate the world, depression etc, and then the next day all is well? If they do they don't show it as much as females do!
Meh :P

No comments:

Life is work!

Every day at work I see it, people wanted a quick fix or an easy way to feel/do better.  They always seem a little surprised when I say that...